Avast Software is a multinational cybersecurity software company headquartered in the Czech Republic. The company is best known for its Avast antivirus, which is one of the most popular computer security programs and is used by more than 435 million people. Avast Antivirus has the largest market share among antivirus software. This article describes how to make an Avast add exception.
What is Avast?
Avast is a very popular antivirus system that allows you to comprehensively protect your PC from malware, but most often it perceives uninfected files and programs as dangerous and prevents access to them. Of course, this can spoil the mood of the user, but there is a solution – the file or program can be added to the list of “inviolable” exceptions.
Antivirus has long been a necessary and familiar software on any computer. With this program you can feel comfortable both on the Internet and when downloading files from flash drives and disks. However, it often happens that the antivirus considers the threat is completely harmless and you need a file, the security of which you are sure. In this case, it is best to add a file or site to your antivirus exception so that the threat alert doesn’t bother you anymore.
However, unfortunately, or not, many antiviruses sometimes commit excessive suspicion, which prevents the launch and installation of executable files, the reliability of which the user has no doubt. A similar fate did not escape Avast antivirus. In this topic, we will consider in detail the procedure for how to add a file, folder, and even the site address with the exception of Avast antivirus.
Setting the exception
Although software detects viruses and malware well, it can sometimes affect programs/files that are not malicious. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how to add a specific program or file as an exception to the virus scan. Make sure you follow the steps carefully and accurately to avoid conflict and make sure that the files you add as an exception do not damage the integrity of your computer. Follow the next steps for the correct exception:
- open the Avast program and go to the “Security” section;
- in the “Security” section, find the “Antivirus” menu and select “File system screen”, go to it and click “Settings”;
- in the window, select “Exceptions”;
- a window will appear with a list of all folders on your PC;
- select the desired folder and set an exception;
- if you want to apply an exception to the entire folder, you only need to check the box, if you want to extend the exception to only some files – select the folder where they are stored – at the time of selection next to the folder will appear “Delete” and “Browse”. Use the “Browse” button to locate the desired file (s) and set an exception.
We save the settings. That’s all the work!